Friday, November 18, 2005

Interesting stuff

Ok....so i spent 17 hours on Monday night posting a new controversial, interesting, hi tech, politically challenging, newsworthy literary masterpiece ....it didn't get posted. it disappeared. I pushed the Publish Post button and everything. It's just gone.
Along with all the synapses that fired to create it.
So...here is a snapshot of some of the stuff I talked about in the post that didn't post.
Thanks for talking about TV.
But now we are gonna get heavier.
And we are gonna get more newsworthy.
And we are gonna give you info on interesting tech stuff and or gadgets and gizmos.
And we want you to send us the same stuff.

News. A kid in Hillsdale Michigan,Michael Sessions, 18 years old. Ran for mayor of his town and beat the 51 year old incumbent . When asked about it the kid said something to the effect of " Well I guess I will go to school from 7:50 til 2:30 and then do Mayor Stuff from 3-6"
I'd like to interview this kid. Maybe even bring him to camp. If you know him, get me his info.

In the tech world, a company called Vestergaard Frandsen invented the LifeStraw which has seven filters in it and will allow you to make 185 galons of water pure enough to drink. It can prevent waterborn illnesses such as Typhoid and diarrhea that kill at least 2 million people every year in the developing world. As you know we are working on an initiative in Africa and we may be asking you guys one of these day to help us buy a bunch of them (3 bucks each) to take over there. Learn more. www.lifestraw.com

An Afghan dog named Snuppy was just created...yep created ...from an ear cell of another dog in South Korea. They say he is perfect....no flaws or anything and that they have the technology to keep going. whooosh. What are your thoughts?

Residents of Dover Pa voted to oust the 8 school board memebers because those members wanted the school to at least mention the possiblity of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution. Meanwhile in Kansas the same issue was voted on by a local school board where 4 out of 6 said that the school needs to let the students know that there are flaws in the theory of evoluiton. The last time that kind of thing happened there, the school board members there were fired.
Maybe Clark Kent needs to chat with them...he's from kansas. Never mind. Any thoughts?

You can get a cool new digital underwater camera now ....tiny...for $550. check it our sealife-cameras.com

Comin up in the next blog post...what do you guys need for curriculum...ideas we might have...

Comment to us...get some stuff going....we want to see what is turning you on and off.

Thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hey
Lanny when you try to post something in blogger and it dissapears you can go back to create a post you can click on recover post and all of it should come back. I you have any questions just ask.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I LOVE BIG STUF WITh ALL MY HEART! ITS THE MOST AMAZINGEST THING EVER!!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Lanny Donoho said...

shannon
thanks for your heartfelt emotional kudos.
so...what about global warming or hi tech needs, or
how can we get good stuff in the hands of your youthy pastor, or the kid who is mayor or snuppy, or the school boards?
who is your favorite speaker?
what's your paln for your future?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Abbey Lewark said...

To start off...BigStuf is the most amazing place I've ever been to and I can't wait to internship there. I really hope I get the chance to.

The 18 year old mayor blows my mind. I'm interested to find out if he's politically capable of handling that sort of job yet.

Cloning is a bad, bad, bad idea. I did a paper on my ideas for school last year... I wish scientists would just stop it. Could there be any sort of greater good from it? I just can't think of anything that would seriously benefit. We've been find so far without cloning, so I think we can handle it.

Filter's for only $3 bucks each? That's seriously amazing! Count me in. I'd be glad to help.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always write my posts in Word and then save it. Then I copy the text into a post when I blog. That way I always have it saved and can refrence the ideas in the future, say for a book etc. Just a thought. Technology is great but it is still archaic at times.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home